(image and cake topper printables via Oh Happy Day)
Mother’s Day is on Sunday. THIS SUNDAY! If you haven’t already dreamed up a glorious day that starts with breakfast in bed and ends with a foot massage and the cake pictured above, here are some ideas to get you started in the right direction!
1. Don’t you dare make her cook! Take her out for Forager’s special Mother’s Day brunch event or dinner at Prescotts (someone told me they may or may not have morel mushrooms..!). Or for something different, Hy Vee is hosting a special Mother’s Day DISH Workshop where you both can make meals for the entire week! Hy Vee does the menu and the grocery shopping so you’re left with the fun part.
2. Build your own Bouquet. No, it’s not too cliche; every mama out there loves getting flowers from their kids. Willy picked me a dandelion for the first time the other day and I will probably keep it forever and ever. Make it extra special by trying your hand at being a florist. By building it yourself, you can control the cost and pick her favorite kinds and flowers. My favorite spots to buy flowers by the stem are Sargents and Carousel Floral & Gifts. Follow my tutorial for an easy way to package them all together.
3. Get Crafty. If you have a crafty mom, chances are she would love to make something with you (or at least laugh at you as you try…). Canvas and Chardonnay, or Color Me Mine are always fun. Or for the little ones, ABC Toy Zone has a special painting event on Saturday. Crossings at Carnegie in Zumbrota also has some great classes for the more serious creative.
4. Head outdoors. Cross your fingers the weather forecast stays put at 70 degrees and partly sunny. Get out the bikes and hit the trails. A great spot to stop along the trail is Roscoe’s for lunch or at least a root beer float. Or pack a picnic if Roscoe’s is too far. Either way, you can find a map of the Rochester Trail System here to map your route!
5. Go Treasure Hunting. There are SO many garage sales this weekend. Stewartville is having their city wide sale, and this is a great resource to check what’s going on in the rest of the area. If new is more your mama’s style, my favorite spots to shop for a special gift are Tangerine, Primp, and Counterpoint.
Whether you’re near or far, make sure to point out and let your mom know how much you love her and appreciate all she does for you! She cares way more than you can ever imagine. Happy Mother’s Day fellow mamas!